There are a bunch of music festivals coming up (Hardly Strictly Bluegrass and Treasure Island Music Festival) but I kinda can’t stand big venues. Luckily there are also a number of shows coming up at smaller venues that could very well be awesome.
- Wax Tailor - Oct 3 Rickshaw Stop (busy unfortunately)
- Mouse on Mars - Oct 16 Independent (YES! have my ticket)
- Frightened Rabbit - Oct 18 Independent (might go)
- Dark Dark Dark - Nov 3 Bottom of the Hill (might go)
- Cat Power - Nov 6 Fox Theater (likely not going but somebody should cause Cat Power is awesome as is the Fox Theater)
- Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band - Nov 6 Bottom of the Hill (likely going)
- Napalm Death - Nov 12 Oakland Metro Opera House (might go; depends if I find a metal buddy)
- World/Inferno Friendship Society and O’ Death - Dec 7 Slim’s (likely going)
- Parov Stelar Band - Dec 15 Regency Ballroom (YES! have my ticket)
- Negativland - Dec 29 Uptown (YES! have my ticket)
- Sourdough Slim - Jan 4 Freight & Salvage Coffeehouse
Chair Dance Song of the day: Electrocado ”The Jolly Frog” Completely amazing and delicious crunchy funky sound that manages to be some mashed together frankensound of electro/psytrance/dubstep/glitch/alloftheabove.
For more check out the Electrocado album “The Hass Effect” on Soundcloud. The rest of the album venues a bit more solidly in a reinvented glitchy psytrance territory which considering how dead dead dead that genre it amazingly sounds fresh.
You can check his site at www.electrocado.com.
Electrocado plays in San Francisco Feb 24th with Mr Bill at the Beatbox SF. Concert info: https://sites.google.com/site/speakersherpas/